SAFEGUARDING POLICY FOR THE WYCHEBROOK PARISHES
The nominated Parish Safeguarding Representative is: Mrs AnnMatthews (Feckenham) Mrs Celia Hart (Stock & Bradley) Mrs Rosie Moss (Stoke Prior, Wychbold and Upton Warren)
Contact telephone number 01527 836307/07762916615
Incumbent contact details: The Revd Wyn Beynon. The Rectory, Fish House Lane, Stoke Prior, Bromsgrove, Worcs. B60 4JT Tel:07595 313035
The following policy has been agreed and implemented by the PCC.
1. We are committed to safeguarding and the care of the children within our church community.
2. We are aware of and will implement the House of Bishops’ Child Protection Policy Protecting All God’s Children 4th edition (2010), A copy of this policy can be found on www.cofe-worcester.org.uk We work closely with the Bishops Safeguarding Adviser.
3. We will ensure that lay ministers, volunteers and paid workers who work with children and vulnerable adults are carefully selected and trained using the safe recruitment process and Disclosure and Barring Service to check the background of each person as outlined in the diocesan procedures. The Diocese will do likewise in respect of the ordained.
4. We will respond without delay to every complaint made, that a child or young person for whom we are responsible may have been harmed or is in significant danger, reporting it to the relevant authority.
5. We will fully cooperate with statutory agencies during any investigation, into allegations concerning a member of the church community. We will inform the statutory agency of any suspected criminal offences or concerns that we are made aware of in respect of our contact with children.
6. We will offer informed pastoral care to any child, young person or adult survivor of abuse and provide details of local and national support agencies.
7. We will supervise any member of our church community known to have offended against a child or vulnerable adult and ensuring proper and appropriate preventative safeguards are in place using a written agreement. .
8. We will review this policy annually, checking that all our procedures and activities involving children and vulnerable adults are up to date including the Disclosure and Barring Checks.
9. We will review our insurance policy for those working with children and vulnerable adults ensuring we adopt the advice in the House of Bishops’ Policy and Promoting a Safe Church.
10. A copy of this Policy will be displayed on the Parish Notice Board
11. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU CAN CONTACT CHILDLINE FREE ON 0800 1111 AT ANYTIME.
The PCC has identified the following activities involving children and vulnerable adults to which the House of Bishops Policy and Promoting a Safe Church applies.
1. Regular (weekly) acts of worship on Sundays and occasional other days, e.g. Good Friday in all 3 churches.
2. Music Group and Choir Practice weekly and before services in all 3 churches.
3. Occasional visits from schools in all 3 churches.
4. Home Communion services for vulnerable adults held by Clergy and Readers, Clem Huzzey, Pete O’Connor and Penny Joyce 6 times per year.
5. Social/fund raising events such as Summer Fete, BBQ at Rectory Garden, Christmas Bazaar.
6. Confirmation and pre-Communion preparation periodically, by Priest in Charge in church or in the family home, supervised by a responsible adult.
7. Clergy, Readers and Music Group attend Rashwood and Henbrook Nursing Homes monthly.
This Policy is renewed every year by each PCC